This year, more than ever, all six of the EYSA soccer clubs (Bellevue, Lake Hills, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Newport and Eastside FC) have found themselves fielding a wide variety of questions from parents (and some coaches) about the changing soccer landscape. To help respond and educate as best possible, we’ve decided to create two “clinics” to get the word out in real-time to our great soccer community. We’ve aggregated the most ‘popular’ topics into a series of short knowledge-bites that we can deliver out to our families. Here is your opportunity to learn more about everything from:
- New and “Old” Rules: No-Poaching & Off-side
- Player Pathways: How your child progresses from Micro to Premier play
- Registration Policies: Birth year rules, roster sizes, etc.
- Referee Issues: Earrings, Earnings and Existence
- Coaches and Trainers: Paid vs Volunteer?
- Tournaments: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Periodization: What the heck is this and why is it important for my kid?
- Open Mic: A chance for attendees to pose their own questions
To accommodate schedules and geographies, we’ve organized two separate clinic sessions. Each of the sessions will cover approximately the same content, but there will be likely some variation due to timeframes and attendee questions. Please try to make time to join us for this informative clinic: